Kellyville is located 36 kilometres north-west of the Sydney CBD. Falling under they Hills Shire the area is one of the largest growth areas of the Hills District region. The population of Kellyville in 2001 was 13,668 people. By 2006 the population was 18,922 showing a population growth of 38% in the area during that time.
It is believed that the land is named after Hugh Kelly the original owner who was a former convict who arrived in New South Wales aboard The Rolla in 1803. Kelly also once owned a hotel on the corner of Wrights and Windsor Roads call the Bird-In-Hand. When Kelly passed away in 1884 three gentlemen purchased the land and subdivided it into farmlets forming “Kelly-ville”
Kellyville History Quick Facts
- Kellyville Post Office opened on January 1st, 1889 and the original building stands on the corner of Acres and Windsor Road.
- The historic Kellyville Public School building was established in 1849.
- In 1972 heavy snow fell between Kellyville and Kellyville Ridge centring over where the Ettamogah Hotel stands today.
Residential Area’s & Estates
- Duncraig Estate - Cattai Creek Drive, north-east Kellyville
- Highlands Estate - Wellgate Avenue, far-northern Kellyville area
- Elizabeth Macarthur Estate - Macquarie Avenue, far-western Kellyville area
- Old Homeworld Display Village - Known as being originally the first 'New Homeworld'
- New Homeworld Display Village - Homeworld IV - River Oak Circuit, western Kellyville area
- In the coming years the North West Rail Link will provide new stations at Kellyville and Rouse Hill which should be easily accessible by Beaumont Hills residents. Due for operation in 2019
- Access to Parramatta is via the North West T-Way bus services
- Hillsbus provides services to Rouse Hill, Parramatta, Castle Hill, Baulkham Hills, North Sydney and CBD.
Sporting Clubs & Associations
- Kellyville Kolts Baseball Club
- Norwest Polecats Rugby League Club
- iPlay Tennis Academy
- Jigsaw Dance Studio
- Instyle Performing Arts Dance Studio
- Little Kickers – Pre School Football (Soccer)
- Lifestyle Pilates Studio
- Kellyville Personal Training & Boot Camp
- Step Up Group Fitness & Personal Training\
- Bernie Mullane Sporting Complex
- Health Club
- Keystone Martial Arts
- Indoor Soccer
There are no hospitals located in Kellyville however Norwest Private Hospital if 5 minutes down Windsor Road.
What you'll find in Kellyville
- • Kellyville Post Office
- • Kellyville Rotary Park
- • Martin Knight Reserve
- • Kellyville Memorial Park
- • Kellyville Lions Park
- • Kellyville Cricket Club
Places of Worship
- • Catholic Church
- • Anglican Church
- • Seventh Day Adventist Church
- • Tennis Courts
- • The Hills Clinic Kellyville
- • Mount St Francis Conventual Franciscan Friars
- • Kellyville Fire Station
- • Castle Hill Country Club Golf Course
- • Soccer Fields
- • Centenary Of Anzac Reserve
- • Castle Hill Country Club
- • Wrights Road Community Centre
Properties in Kellyville
- Now Selling (3)
- Recent Sales (58)
- Recently Leased (143)